Sunday, September 07, 2008

All Hallows Eve Dishcloth Exchange Questionaire

Knotting Yarn
1. Do you knit or crochet? For how long?
I knit and crochet. I have been knitting for a couple of years now and that is my primary yarn hobby. I have been crocheting on and off since I was about 9 and my grandma Gigi taught me.

2. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using the most? Are there some you've been dying to try out and haven't?
I mostly use wooden needles. I have noticed the metal needles hurt my hands, if I use them for too long. I love longer wooden needles and I can't wait to get my hands on the new harmony long needles at KnitPicks.

3. What kind of projects do you most enjoy? Small things you can take with you, or big complex ones that are just gorgeous when they're done? I enjoy small things that I can take with me, I love doing dishcloths because of the quick sense of accomplishment and the fact that they are so usable. I also have a couple of bigger projects in the works - a sweater for my daughter and a couple of other gifts, that I don't want to disclose in case the recipients read this. :)

4. List one pattern for a dishcloth that you love to make, or just tell us about one you've made or received that you loved. I love the Mason Dixon Knitting dishcloth reloaded. I especially love it in bright colors and/or varigated yarns. I also did (designed seems a little strong) a 5 star variation on that theme, that I really love because it lays perfectly flat, but still has a lot of interest.

5. What are your 'must have' notions? Are there any notions you need or can never have enough of? Any that might make you cry if you owned more? I don't really have many knitting notions outside of needles and yarn and my ipod counter. I can't even think of anything I am missing, but am certainly open to surprises.

Petting Yarn
6. What are your favorite yarns to work with? Any you hate or are allergic to? I really love cashmere - don't we all. But to stick within my budget, I use a lot of cotton and I love the cotton blends with other natural fibers - like the cotton linen blend or the cotton modal blends. I really don't like to work with acrylic. It just seems like a waste of work.

7. What colors do you like to use in projects? Any we'd never catch on your needles? I love all colors, the deep and intense ones, the bright and the subdued earthy tones. My current needles have a Christmas varigation and some solid greens. I tend to gravitate towards beautiful greens and reds even when I am not working on Christmas stuff.

8. Any cottons you'd like to try you can't find by you, or just haven't gotten around to getting? I would love to try some new cotton blends with other natural fibers to see how they hold up.

Halloween, Fall, and General Stuff
9. Do you like to use bar soap or shower gel more? What kinds of scents do you love? What kind do you hate? I am definitely a bar soap type of gal. I love clean scents - we use nothing but handmade bars in our bathrooms and as our kitchen soap. I do not care for pachuolli, vanilla or really floral scents.

10. What's more 'Halloweeny' - Ghosts, Pumpkins, or Witches? Witches!!

11. What's your favorite Treat to get? Sweet or Salty? Anything you're allergic to or just hate? I love dark chocolate and I love it with a bit of a salty nut. My absolute favorite - in case my spoiler happens to be from Hawaii is dark chocolate covered macadamian nuts. I just can't seem to find them around these parts very often.

12. What was your favorite Halloween Costume as a kid? As an adult?? As a kid, my favorite costume was to be rainbow witch - yep I made it up. My mom made me all kinds of variations on the theme with everything from a flower power skirt to a large cape. As an adult, I still dress up every year for Halloween as a witch, though now I go for the classic black to either take my daughter trick or treating or to pass out candy.

13. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? Yes I am on Ravelry and my ID is "madame" - quel suprise. :)

14. Anything else you'd like to be sure your pal knows? I like unusual shaped dishcloth patterns, if you happen to know how to make something clever like that. I would love a copy of your pattern to try it myself.

No comments: