Monday, May 27, 2013

Cookbook Club

I read an article in the Journal the other day and have been thinking about it ever since.

It is all about the latest fad in book clubs is to do a cook book club.  I love this idea.  So I have been thinking about how to go about starting such a club.  I read this blog post and that gave me some good info.

At first, I was thinking of just doing that with my neighbors, but I get to hang out with a lot of them often anyway.  So perhaps, I will branch out to include different people - like local friends and colleagues.  They are a group of interesting people that I genuinely like and this could be a fun way to get to know them better and actually hang out with them periodically.  Any suggestions on good cookbooks to consider for the club?

1 comment:

Sylvan said...

I just love the idea but your grandma is an incurable cookbook/recipe collector!! She would love being in a club like this if you can figure out a way to include her from a distance.

While I, too, love cookbooks, I'm very selective about what I keep in the small space allocated for cookbooks. I still love Laurel's Kitchen after 30+ years; just so many fabulous recipes. I finally hunted down a hardback copy at a used bookstore as my paperback was worn and covered with various drips and spices from looking at the recipe and mixing at the same time.

I also think that you can't go wrong with any of Alice Waters' cookbooks. I have the "Fruit" and also the "Vegetable" cookbook. Such delicious creations and the illustrations are works of art watercolours. Alice is also involved in children's gardens and education.