Thursday, May 29, 2014

Outdoors adventures

I went to a free class at rei (we have one right next to our grocery store) tonight called backpacking basics for women. In some respects it was a sales pitch for lots of cool camping gear, but it was also a really cool basic class where the instructor talked about experiences she has had and when various gear comes in handy. It got me really excited to go camping with Audrey (this weekend if the weather cooperates) and to do bigger hikes and camps in the future. The woman sitting next to me was about to do her first section of the Appalachian trail with her girlfriends this week, that sounded awesome. I would love to do that. And I would also love to hike machu Picchu and Kilimanjaro before I go the way of all the earth. Considering I haven't backpacked in a decade, I've got some work ahead of me.

1 comment:

Sylvan said...

Oh have a great time!! Remember some of the hiking songs that are great to sing when hiking up steep terrain to distract onesself from the pain and sometimes, sheer boredom and to just have fun singing... songs such as Rose, rose, rose and the march of "Left my Wife with 49 children..." Please give my love to the girls and Ryan. xoxoxoxo