Thursday, February 02, 2006

Money Matters Book Club

I grew up more or less lower middle-class. And I think, like the majority of people, I grew up with more fear towards money than actual understanding of it.

That however is no excuse for poor money management as an adult. After I graduated, I started to see that I needed some money education. So I started to read lots of personal finance books. I have learned a lot from them, but I think I need to reread some of them and find some new books to read.

So I am starting my own personal "money matters book club". Where at least once a month I am going to read various personal finance and money books. My goal is to continue to change my attitude towards money into a positive and healthy one and in the process glean some wisdom that will help me to better manage what I do have. I am also hoping for a little motivation - I love to read success stories, and I guess I am hoping to become a success story one day.

I am going to start with one of my favorites: The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason.

No comments: