Friday, April 11, 2008

Knitting - dishcloths (again)

It has been far too long since I have been really active on my blog - which is a shame, because I really enjoy posting.

Recently I have decided to admit (to myself) that I just love knitting dishcloths because they are quick and easy, they travel well (as knitting projects go - i almost always have one on needles in my purse) and there is never any guilt associated with not finishing one for a month or two if you get busy.

However, how many dishcloths does one girl really need - not that many, so I have decided to start swapping them with other people who also love them on a site called Swap-Bot. It is actually really cool because unlike my previous swaps, these are quite simple - just dishcloths - so I don't have to find the time to shop for other goodies to include in the package.

So imagine my surprise when I received a swap package that was so thoughtful and touching it nearly made me tear up - and we are talking dishcloths - not generally an emotional type of gift. This lovely lady, Timiae, hand-dyed the cotton yarn then made me a dragonfly dishcloth and an "om" symbol dishcloth out of this yellow cloth that she said reminded her of Buddhist monks' robes, which is why she calls the color 'meditation'. And if that wasn't enough - she included a hank of beautiful cotton that she dyed for me to use in a project of my own!

I took pics, but it will be a while before I download them onto my other computer and then post them. If you look on Timiae's blog, you can see pics of both the dragonfly and the om dishcloths.

No comments: