This year I have a couple of new year's resolutions that I am comfortable sharing.
1) finish painting our house - this is one of those things that drives me secretly insane. The main living level of our house is painting and I love the colors, our bedrooms are painted, but no where else. The crazy thing is - I have the paint - and yet my house is still builder's white. This year I hope to conquer the white walls and bring on the beige.
2) knit a pair of socks. Everyone raves about sock knitting - it is portable, practical and makes fantastic gifts. So I just ordered (<3 knitpicks.com) some small needles and a book (why they are not sold at a normal craft shop is a mystery to all) - I already have yarn thanks to my dad for my b-day last year :). I can see this as something, I will really enjoy and if that is the case - you can pretty much guess what everyone is getting as gifts this year. :)
3) complete a half-marathon. originally i had every intention of running it with my bro and sis - but i happen to be a little plumper than either of them and apparently my knees don't appreciate the extra weight, so i am planning on walking it. yay for walking.
4) job happiness. i haven't been happy professionally for a while and i am not sure what needs to happen to change that. maybe a serious change of attitude, maybe a serious change of scenery. whatever it is, i am going to go for the simplest solution first and take it from there.
The it would be nice list...
1) make the backyard more usable - fence it off, and put in pavers, cement a patio, something, and if i can manage all that plant a garden :)
2) make the front yard even and plant new grass. we kind of gave up last year, hopefully this year will turn out better.