Saturday, August 01, 2009

Knitting Update

Since I joined the Dish Rag Tag earlier today, I thought it would be appropriate to update my lately lax knitting ways. I usually have a dishrag in some state of progress on at least two sets of needles, because I find that we use them so often, they are extremely portable, and I like pretty washcloths. I finished a cherry one for cherry season (my favorite food) last month.

And then I turned to *cashmere*. Ryan and I bought enough chunky cashmere to make a hat and scarf set for me 1 1/2 years ago at a fancy NY yarn shop during an anniversary trip. I was looking to make a black hat/scarf with cream skull and cross bones elegantly placed on the edges in cream. Cashmere makes it classy, pirates make it sassy.

However, I never really found the desire to make a scarf - it is just such a boring project, so instead I made a lacey cowl out of black. Unfortunately, the lace pattern did not show through like I was hoping and since it is cashmere, I decided to rip it out and now I am make a very boring (TV watching) black cashmere shell with 2 cream stripes at the bottom.

And that my friends is my current knitting.

No comments: