Thursday, April 03, 2014

Sticky situation

Everyday when I go down stairs to the first level of our three level townhouse, Meri goes with me and plays in the playroom there.  The first level is basically one big open room and we turned it into a playroom for the girls, so they have toys and craft stuff accessible.  The laundry room is like a closet on one side of the big playroom.  I always leave the door open and I can hear her playing but I can't see her.

Today I was showing Audrey how to do laundry and Meri was playing as usual.  While Audrey was putting the detergent in, I peeked in on Meri. She was just closing a craft drawer and said to me, I all done.  So I asked her what she was "all done" with.  She said she was all done with her makeup.  So I looked in the drawer and saw a glue stick on top with the lid on very loosely and picked it up and asked her if this was her makeup.  She said, yes and showed me where she put it - all over her little face.  Then I asked if she puts on her makeup whenever I do laundry and she said, yes.

This explains so much.  Lately, she has had particularly sticky cheeks and chin.  I thought she was wiping her nose onto her cheeks and I have been following her with tissues in hand for weeks.  She also has been getting little pimples on her cheeks and her chin.  Ryan thought it was just food on her cheeks or that she had a skin condition.  What a cute little sneaky stinker.

3 comments:

E said...

How adorable! I can't wait to see what hijinks the girls get into at the lake!

Sylvan said...

So cute and smart! Super adorbs

Farrah Jensen said...

That is so funny!! Lil' Stinker.