Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A natural "foody"


I like to consider myself a "foody." I appreciate good food more than most and will go to great lengths to get it. After our Christmas trips to NYC, I can't stop talking about the great food, the restaurants, the desserts... you get the idea.

Today I fed little Audrey her first solid food. And she **loved** it. Before I even had the first spoonful to her mouth she was kicking her legs in excitement, eyes and mouth wide open in anticipation and arms out stretched to grab the spoon and the food herself. After her first taste of rice cereal, she paused for a moment gave me a look to let me know she was deciding how she felt about the whole experience and then looked up at me and gave me a huge smile and started licking her lips for more.

By the end, both of our hands were covered in cereal - as was her face, but she was thrilled. I thought about my own favorite meals, Del Frisco's in New York or my own ginger-soy sauce over wild Pacific salmon. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I guess good food can elicit that sort of response at any age.

No comments: