Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mom's bag

Since my mom knows that I am working on a bag for her, I figured it is okay to talk about it.

To be honest, this has been a fantastic learning tool for me, so I feel a little bad giving my mom my practice bag.

I learned how to use dpns (double pointed needles) and how to knit on circular needles too. I also learned how to weave a new ball of yarn onto an existing one without a knot. I have learned yarn overs and knit two together, basically it is a very loose lace pattern.

The idea was to knit a green "green bag" ie a reusable grocery bag for my mom. Here is a picture of the progress to date.

3 comments:

Sylvan said...

I didn't know you were knitting me a bag. How exciting - I can' wait.

Loves,
Mom
xoxo

CS said...

are you still speaking english?

Sylvan said...

BTW, where is mom's bag?