Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Music

Recently we went to put on some Christmas music on my ipod only to discover that my 2nd generation ipod is now officially dead!

Which is okay because lets face it they have come a long way since then and I want to be able to watch shows on it on travel too. So onto the wish list it goes.

To be honest though, an ipod is not nearly the necessity it was several years ago (when I took the metro to work) and it has been months since I last used mine, so I should perhaps make it a low priority acquisition.

One of the reasons for this is my discovery of Pandora.com which is really the coolest thing ever. It is free and it reads your mind and plays music you love and introduces you to new music that you also love. You get to create your own commercial free radio stations with it. So far I have a holiday one - awesome mixes of sinatra and dave matthews; a justin timberlake one - dance on; an r&b one - for my inner soul sista; and a vivaldi - violins and love.

Tell me what radio stations you have if you use pandora.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i have a love/hate relationship with pandora. i discovered it just a week after they launched and it's definitely improved since then. but i do feel frustrated with a few things, like that if you are not on top of noting whether you like the songs, it seems to sort of devolve into every song sounding the same. i've also realized that it's not really helpful for me to find music LIKE what i like. i LIKE tori amos but not much other music that is LIKE tori amos. i LIKE radiohead, bob marley, led zeppelin, joni mitchell, smashing pumpkins, postal service, scissor sisters, paul simon, and on and on, but so often i just like that band and not necessarily the genre pandora decides that band is in. i also wish i COULD sometimes pick a particular genre instead of trying to make a genre from one band i like; it never seems to work out. AND i wish i could make some sort of mix, although i did notice today that there might be a way to do it. ok, this ended up way too long. :) i'm pretty passionate about music.

E said...

Hmmm, I may have to check this thing out. I am frustrated with having to build up my iTunes all over again and ready to give up.

Seriously, you still had a 2nd gen iPod? May it rest in peace.

E said...

So far my most favorite station is my Gorillaz one. Then one based on Mandy Moore's Gardenia. But the Gorillaz one is so right on. I'm going to have to get some new cds of these artists it introduced me to.