Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Weavette Looms

My grandma Foster has a blanket made out of these little woven squares that is awesome. She even lent me her original Weave-It loom at one point so I could make one too. But I was in college and didn't really have the time to devote to it. Plus, hers was a nice wool blanket and the yarn that I saw at that point in my life was all acrylic - which didn't seem worth the effort.

So imagine my delight when I discovered that someone (BuxtonBrook.com) has started making these delightful little looms again. The only problem is - they have been sold out for a very long time. I am even tempted to get a rectangle (2x4 or 2x6) one to make bookmarks since that is the only kind they have in stock - plus a blanket with a subway tiles look might be pretty snazzy. But what I really want is the square one.

So for any of you thrift shop/garage sales goers - if you happen to see a weave-it loom for sale - please think of me. :)

3 comments:

E said...

Amber, you are really going to have to start posting your knitting stuff on her. I want to see the end result of what you are always talking about.

Madame said...

Agreed, I do need to post it, at this point though, most of it is holiday presents, so I can't post it yet. After Christmas there will be a big picture dump. :)

E said...

That's what I figured, but didn't say :)