Sunday, September 23, 2007

Coupling

Claire told me all about "Coupling" a British sit-com. It is a cross between Friends, Seinfeld and Sex and the City.

It is like Friends in that it is about 3 men and 3 women all single living in London and regularly meeting at the local pub to chat about life, etc. It is like Sex and the City because the show revolves around one couple and both of their best friends and both of their ex-es, so the show talkes mainly about their love and sex lives - definitely more edgey than American sitcoms. But the best part is that it is also like Seinfeld in that they use unusual ways of presenting a story of interconnectedness that is really funny. One of my favorite things they do is show one night from several different perspectives that build on top of one another.

So imagine my disappointment when it ended so strangely after 4 seasons. Arghh - please come back.

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part - I watched all of this on Netflix's Watch it now feature - Fantastic. Any other coupling fans out there?

3 comments:

Desiree said...

I've only seen one complete episode and a few parts in between commericals of other shows, but it is really funny.

E said...

I also tried it out because it was on Netflix Instant Viewing. I may be the odd one out, but I couldn't get into it. They tried a version (can't recall the name right now) in the US like it, but it never caught on.

Wendi said...

Never have heard of it???

I'm excited that all of the new shows are starting up again. I have my tivo all programmed and ready to go!

P.S. I just noticed on your sidebar that your link to me doesn't go to me. I didn't know if you knew that I changed my blogsite a while back. I didn't want to have my last name in it. My new site is www.inawesomewonder.blogspot.com.

P.S.S. Your blog is reminding me of the afgan (sp?) phase we all went through in college. Good times. I couldn't do that now if my life depended on it. I want you to post pictures of something you've made!