Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dish Cloth exchange - week 1 question

Now that in some geographic locations the weather is starting to turn cooler, do you change the type of yarn(s) you knit/crochet with? If so, what do you now knit/crochet with instead and why? If not, why do you not switch and what do you knit/crochet with?

As a new knitter, this is my first cooler weather change. I am considering trying to make something wearable - like a sweater, but I think I should have started a bit earlier in the year if I hope to be wearing it by the end of the winter. So instead, I am busy working on some gifts for various people right now. I am also getting really excited about the Charmed Knits book that is coming my way from zooba v. soon.

The changing of seasons is inspiring me to change out my color pallette a little bit. I think I may go to work on some halloween colored discloths for myself. I just have my doubts on how black cotton will look after a few uses.

2 comments:

Nerdy Knitter said...

Halloween dishcloths sound like so much fun so festive. Good luck with your sweater knitting. Your secret pal.

Madame said...

Thanks Nerdy Knitter. Sorry I haven't written back sooner. I was trying to figure out how to email a response directly to you. As you can see from this comment post - I still haven't figured it out, but I wanted to reply to you and say thanks for commenting and I am excited for this swap. It is actually my first one ever!!