Dish Cloth Swap Questionnaire
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I have been crocheting on and off since I was about 10 years old, my grandma kay taught me one Christmas and I have been hooked ever since.
Recently (within the last year) I picked up knitting and I love it! I am self-taught, though to be fair to my grandma miller - she taught me one Christmas when I was a teenager, so it was probably easier to reteach myself with Internet tutorials after her kind tutelage.
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I love dishcloths! I have made several for myself and I have given several away as gifts too. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well received they are.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
I love the peaches and cream; sugar and cream is nice too. I would actually really like to try a cotton/linen blend for a cloth or seven.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I prefer straight needles and I appreciate all types. I am a newbie knitter so I have only tried metal and bamboo.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
I love color. I haven't seen a color yet that doesn't work well as a dishcloth.
6. What do you like best about Autumn?
I love the crisp smell in the air, the fresh apples (and going apple picking), I love the baking and I love wearing sweaters and corduroy again.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
I will take a small bite of each - Pecan then Pumpkin then apple (if I still have room).
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
I was the one who couldn't wait. I am a morning person with a strong aversion to being late, oversleeping is an extremely rare event for me.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the time-frame of the swap)
I love Halloween. I think it is actually my favorite holiday. I already have my daughter's Halloween costume for the year and every year I dress up as a witch to pass out candy out of my black Calderon. It is such fun.
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Dark Chocolate; Kona Coffee and super dark chocolate!
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
I have a daughter - 2 yo and a husband. No pets - though I really want a fish :)
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
I think Linen is a good yarn to describe me. I can be a little rough around the edges, but quite soft after a few washings :).
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
I use them mostly as dishcloths, though my daughter likes to take one to her bath (along with some plastic dishes to clean while she is in there).
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
I love both fall holidays. But if I were to choose I would say Halloween. I love dressing up and I love giving candy to little kids and having an excuse to dress my child up and I love decorating my house with pumpkins and black accents everywhere. I love Halloween parties and spooky treats and spooky drinks.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
I don't really like smelly things (heavily perfumed) they tend to give me a headache. I prefer clean/light scents.