Friday, September 21, 2007

DC exchange question #2

When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?

I usually use my metal needles #5 by Boye. They are purple which originally I thought was good - not necessarily purple per se, but just that they are a nice bright color. I like that the yarn slides pretty well on the aluminum metal. I don't like the tips - which have lost the paint coating slowly and the transition between the silver on the tips and the purple of the rest of the needle has become quite rough. This has been disappointing. So I am actually looking for a new set of metal needles that won't lose their slickness/paint. I do like the size 5. It makes for a nice tight dishcloth. And I usually like to do an oatmeal color trim with a bright color in the wash cloth. I like my cloths colorful. I almost always use peaches and cream and/or sugar and cream cotton. I like it, it is cheap and it comes in so many colors.

No comments: